msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:26:12 -0500

Pending the autopsy it will probably never be know if the subject survived the initial insult and could have been found rather than recovered if a proper/adequate/professional/ expected level of care operation had been carried out. I have found too many bodies (about 50)—and not enough live subjects (maybe 5) because nobody wanted to look. Finding the body may be the only thing that matters to the coroner, finding them alive is what should matter to everybody else.

I have never had a problem convincing a trooper or a fire chief that an area needs a second or even a third look, and often that is where a save happens.