msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: una.smith@att.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:04:55 +0000

Pam Ogg wrote:
> Irv,
>
> They found a missing body. Be glad.

I don't see Irv's comments as sour grapes, nor "Monday quarterbacking". I
think
his intent is to illustrate more of the search process from the a SAR
manager's
perspective. Discussions like this are part of learning; we learn from
others'
experiences only by communicating our lessons learned. The alternative,
polite
silence, leaves us only learning the hard way: by our own personal
experiences.

Una