msar-riders - [MSAR] Question from a newby

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: KARI L SASSO <ksasso@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Question from a newby
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:40:58 -0400

I just wanted to say hello. I have been a "lurker" here for a few months. I
offer the perspective of being Mounted Law Enforcement. While most of the
things I do with my mount are patrol related this year I got thrown into
search and rescue rather quickly with several cases in and around Madison WI.
While trying to learn more about search and rescue I stumbled upon your forum
and have definitely learned a few things. Most of the training I have found
(in the area of search and rescue) seems to be team or posse focused. Is
there any training out there that is somewhat generic and could be used by
anyone?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Kari

Sgt. Kari Sasso