msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Sanctioning Bodies

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "PFleming" <PFleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Sanctioning Bodies
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 22:29:08 -0700

I just always love the cowboy hat vs. helmet argument. It's really entertaining, but this weeks is the best. Shock absorbing cowboy hats to learning how to fall off your horse what a hoot.

Our Sheriff requires us to wear helmets when we are working on a mission or training and for the most part I agree with this. I like many others tend not to wear my helmet when I'm just out riding. When I ask myself is there a really good reason not to wear my helmet. So far the answer is always no. Do I insist my grand kids wear theirs, your darn right I do. So you can see I can't answer the burning answer question of our time either, but I do surely love the argument.

Paul Fleming
PMSAR