msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] First responders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] First responders
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:56:25 -0700

Irv, I can see how LART could work well with MSAR in your area.
Basically, the MSAR resource would be an on site advisor re the
status of the horse, while others do extrication.

Paul, I am glad you are doing research for others. LART is one
of those "crossover" activities that, to someone not involved in
either LART or MSAR, look like an obvious combination. Maybe,
or maybe not; it depends on the skills and experience of the
individual responders, and on an assessment of the local AJH's
unmet needs. The latter is partly an assessment of the local
community: who is most likely to need rescue, how, and why.