msar-riders - [MSAR] Suggestions for MSAR related classes at WA State SAR Conference

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Slybarbara@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Suggestions for MSAR related classes at WA State SAR Conference
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:23:09 EST

Hello from King Co. WA - Seattle area.

I am with Northwest Horseback Search & Rescue, associated with King Co SAR
which is hosting the 2006 state SAR conference May 19-21 in Enumclaw WA.

So far the instructor lineup has been heavy for K9 training but we haven't
lined up anything related to mounted SAR. We've had a couple of offers from
other WA counties to assist in holding horse classes, however I would like
see what this group can suggest.

At our '99 state conference we held a packing demonstration and a horse
safety demo, but it was largely attended by kids and it really didn't seem to

advance anyone's skills or knowledge.

I'd really like to see a MSAR class bring new ideas to our members rather
than go within our unit and end up with a demonstration of what we already
know/teach/train.

Any suggestions from folks who've done successful presentations at SAR
conferences?

Barbara Sly, Operations Lead, VP Northwest Horseback SAR