msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Hobbles

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Claudia LaChance" <Claudia@tqc.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Hobbles
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:58:04 -0500

I'd like to ditto that.
At the PA horse expo last year there was a man/woman trail team that travels with mules. They gave a demonstration with the two in the round pen. They "pegged" the mule with a single hobble (if that is what one leg would be called). The animal demonstrated his calm when the rope wound around thru his legs, over his head etc.
They would move the peg as needed each night when camping in the same area, so that the animal would each time have a new area to graze.
Both were well traveled mules, accustomed to this technique. I pretty much went bug eyed at how neat it was.

Claudia LaChance
http://horselove1.zippyvideos.com
www.horseaddiction.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>