msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Hobbles

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Hobbles
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:41:27 -0800

Once again, I am a little behind on messages. Yes our horses and mules fill
up. Usually when they start messing around and going places I do not want
them to, I put them up. They are likely not so hungry at that point. I
generally bring in a few pack mules full of stable mix or pack horse cubes
to feed them. That way, I will have more time to hunt or fish or do what
ever I went to the mountains to do instead of supervise stock that are
grazing. Even with that, I still try to get in some grazing time.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR