msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Credit Documentation

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "L. S." <obsar1864@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Credit Documentation
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:47:35 -0600

Lisa wrote"...the biggest deal they do on documentation is on every search,&moch ride-for practice they each do their own documentation on how their dog did. And keep it as records. (which does make for paperwork everytime you ride-but you want a separate one on each horse) Then if it ever came to question (or court-if it turned out to be a criminal case), they had the records to prove it. And records at how well their horse is at finding clues, people..."

At OBSAR we do this,as a team and individuals. We keep a log of our every personal ride, and our official training rides, we also at the end of each training get a copy of the official debrief for our records, both the mounted debrief, and the whole team debrief. I made a simple form to use for daily record keeping... but we have a more detailed form that our command managers made for our use.

Lauri
Osage Beach Fire Protection District Search and Rescue Division
Osage Beach, Missouri

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/