msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Help MSAR-Riders help ibiblio.org (BIO)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Help MSAR-Riders help ibiblio.org (BIO)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:23:12 -0500

MSAR Maintainer wrote:
Dear MSAR-Riders subscribers,

Since 2002, this mailing list, MSAR-Riders, and its companion
MSAR website have been hosted entirely "for free" on a very
classy web server, ibiblio.org.  Ibiblio.org is applying for
a National Award for Library Service and toward that end the
staff of ibiblio.org have asked me and others to write letters
of recommendation to be included with their application.

Although these MSAR resources on ibiblio.org are not a library
collection in the usual sense (at least, not yet), I think we
as a volunteer SAR community are doing great things here, and
I would like to provide an outstanding letter of recommendation.
So, what I would like from each of you is this:

- Ms. Tomï Finkle
- Operational Status, Training Officer, Assistant Commander, ICS (Call sign TROT-2)
- TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team <http://trot-md.org/sar.htm>
- Located in the State Maryland, USA.  Upon request will respond within 150 miles to PA, VA and WV.
- Team currently has 19 active members
- MSAR-Riders is an exceptional resource to individuals, teams and organizations who utilize equestrians (beasts of burden) as a part of search & rescue duties. This Internet group (and related web site) provides the most comprehensive and affordable Mounted Search and Rescue (MSAR) information anywhere, regardless of a one's experience, demographics or SAR affiliation.