msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Re: helmets in MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David C. Kovar" <kovar@1srg.org>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Re: helmets in MSAR
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:05:11 -0800

Greetings,

I have a brim that attaches via velcro for my swiftwater helmet and could
easily go onto a Petzl helmet. I've also worn a normal baseball cap under
the helmet as well.

I'd prefer my Stetson for all around shade protection, though. They tend to
frown on ground pounders wearing Stetsons and oilskin coats, though.

-David