microid - Re: [Microid] MicroID hashing algorithm(s) and normalization

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Eran Sandler" <eran AT yedda.com>
  • To: "'Peter Saint-Andre'" <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID hashing algorithm(s) and normalization
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:40:40 +0200

I think it's up to the site generating the microid.

For example, if at Yedda we want to use email instead of OpenID we will
genereate it according to the format Yaniv suggest:

content="email+url:sha256:e5de55ef248b5f8b06d38253cac0ae725d6455fb">

After all, I'm generating the id so I know what do to.

When a verifier comes and see this microid content, it will know that it
needs to hash the email using SHA256, hash the URL using SHA256 and hash
both of them together using SHA256 to get the microid value.

The verifier will have to understand that the value "email" refers to email
and if it is replaced with openid it is openid.

I don't really see the problem you are talking about...

Eran