market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Starting Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Starting Squash
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:30:13 -0700

I used to use TLC 50 trays. Plants transplant very well. I have even tossed extras on the side of the row  and stepped on them and they still grew.
I prefer to direct seed 2 seeds per hill and thin. The trouble with transplants is that they can quickly grow spindley if your delayed a few days from bad weather. Another problen is getting them out of the cells. The roots are very brittle and break off if you pull the wrong way... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.