market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Starting Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Starting Squash
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:57:24 -0400

We did vines in 804s (32 cells per 1020) for both retail and our own crops.

At the sales counter we kept a cell pack handy for demonstrating and

instructing the need for removing plants and getting them into the ground with

minimum disturbance of the roots.

804s because thats what all our stuff was in, and I think I liked it because more

plants per flat would have meant more leaf canopy and which would have been

more difficult to water through in the late stages

MAsteveINE