market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "Rite in the Rain" notebook

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "Rite in the Rain" notebook
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 04:01:12 -0700

Beth,
I hear you on having something to write on and keeping it dry. Get a "Rite in the Rain" all-weather notebook and you won't have to keep it dry. We use it at market and in the field. Very strong impervious "paper". They come in different sizes from shirt pocket to hip pocket to tablet size. Expensive, but worthwhile. You can use regular ink or pencil when dry (a hard lead smudges less and etches the pad even when wet, but is more faint). Rite in the Rain also produces a special (expensive) pen that doesn't stop and will write even upside down and when wet because it is pressurized. Pick them up at your local surveyor's supply--call a surveyor and ask where or check Amazon or Riteintherain.com. They should hire me to advertise!

Vern