market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] making raised beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] making raised beds
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:59:00 -0500

Etienne

I've used both a Troybilt 7 or 8hp and a BCS 11hp. My advice is: go with the BCS. Repairs and parts for Troybilt have become hard to get and expensive in recent years. Our BCS is a more powerful machine than the Troybilt we had. Tech support from EarthTools is fantastic! To do 5 acres with a Troybilt sounds like it'll end in tears!

If the cost of anew BCS is too much and you can't get one used, you might consider a small (riding) tractor instead - you get more oomph for your money with used tractors.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA