market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] making raised beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] making raised beds
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:04:46 -0500

On 12-02-16 05:59 PM, Pam Twin Oaks wrote:
If the cost of anew BCS is too much and you can't get one used, you
might consider a small (riding) tractor instead - you get more oomph for
your money with used tractors.

I absolutely plan on having a tractor for soil prep. The walk-behind tiller (BCS, Troy-Bilt or otherwise) is mainly to be used in tight spot, such as tunnels, or when having to till only a bed or two. Hence why I am a bit wary of spending that much on a BCS. It is not going to be my primary device.

That said, being a fan of your column in GFM, I will give consideration to your advice! :)

--
Etienne Goyer - Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com