market-farming - [Market-farming] Italian Long Hot Peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Italian Long Hot Peppers
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:53:12 -0600

Does anyone grow Italian Long Hot Peppers and can you point me to a seed
source? Or an alternate name to find them by? I find references on the
internet to people cooking with them, but zilch on finding them by that name
from a seed company. We have a request to grow them. I've never seen them,
but they're apparently used pickled a lot. And they're a long thin, curly
pepper, apparently, that goes from green to red, orange or yellow (maybe they
grow through yellow and orange to red). Any ideas or advice?

Kim
Barking Cat Farm
NE Texas where winter finally arrived along with some much needed rain