market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cut Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cut Flowers
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:15:44 -0400

On the topic of which ...

I am also interested in doing cut flowers at a small scale to supplement
the veggies, and I am looking for suggestions too. My requirements are
radically different than Carla: I would need recommendation for an early
bloomer (short season) that does well in cool weather. Plenty of rain
in my place, no problem with that!

Last season, sunflower did ok, but zinnias where too late for my taste
(first marketable bloom in late August). I will surely continue to do
both, but I would like to have one or two flowers that are earlier and
does better in cool spring. I do not mind using transplant. I am
willing to use plastic if the yield justifies it, but I do not have a
tunnel for flower just yet.

I really have to go out and buy Lynn's book. :)

Etienne