market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:35:02 -0400

Our farm is about three miles from where we live so the cats tend to be too low on the food chain to stay around very long. Bobby is our current cat resident and he has been doing his best to lower the vole population. Thanks for the help - mac

Quoting Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>:
I agree with the 8" spacing unless you put your plants right at the
emitters on a farther spacing. Kind of tedious--don't ask how I know.
We do have a few voles or something like. Also lots of pocket gophers. My cats (mostly just the matriarch) have cleaned out 5-10 acres pretty
well. The local professional poisoner of gophers swears by his own
cats, too.
Vern