market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:10:48 -0400

The 12" spacing is VERY handy for transplants done on 12". We set the tape,
turn it on, and have folks plant into the little circle of wet. Makes
lettuce a snap. Broccoli every other wet spot. Brussels sprouts every
third wet spot. Only way I know to get even spacing by hand. Much
faster/easier than the dibble we made, though I think we could have done
better at the dibble too.

Also like the 6" for carrots, etc.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY