market-farming - [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: "market-farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Drip irrigation advice sought
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:37:48 -0400

I am going into my fourth season growing and have a small production area.
Next year, we plan to use pond water for drip irrigation on our property
which has no electricity. Therefore, our plan is to use a 2" trash pump that
has enough head to distribute the water. I would appreciate any advice on
"what I need to know and what I should not do." Our longest rows will be 140
feet. The local growers supply will look over planting maps and help with
the parts list and layout. Thanks in advance for your help.
Mac