market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:30:57 -0400

On Sep 7, 2011, at 10:39 AM, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:

I was speaking more of my own particular county, and how they handled the whole process. It was frustrating for several of us who tried to apply and were denied. I can't help wonder where are these farmers who received the funding for a tunnel? What are they growing? Where are they selling?

That ought to be public record. Have you made any attempt to find out?

If it wasn't in the papers, your county agent and/or state offices should be able to tell you who got the funding. As they're supposed to be reporting on results, what they're growing should eventually be available information, even if it's not available right now, which it might be.

Where they're selling might be considered proprietary. However, if you went and found out who got the grants, you could probably call them up and ask them, and they might well tell you.