market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:39:20 GMT

No, I don't want my tax dollars paying bonuses for anyone, anywhere. There's
been too much of that, for too many years.

I'm happy for those who received funding for a high tunnel, especially when I
hear how much it has helped the bottom line. That is money well spent.

I was speaking more of my own particular county, and how they handled the
whole process. It was frustrating for several of us who tried to apply and
were denied. I can't help wonder where are these farmers who received the
funding for a tunnel? What are they growing? Where are they selling?
It seems a bit of a waste to me to fund a tunnel for someone who then decides
it's too much work and gives up.

Carla
Perkins, OK

57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25