market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planting dates for fall crops in the Northeast

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: idyllwild farm <idyllwildfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planting dates for fall crops in the Northeast
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:10:41 -0400

For what its worth, Johnny's Seeds has an excel based calculator in which you enter
your frost date and it will back calculate start dates for different direct seed and transplant
crops (including fudge factors for slower maturity times). It's in the tool sections. Actual
mileage may vary but it's a decent ballpark, anyway.
Regards,
Mike