market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Prices
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:48:31 GMT

For us it's the small backyard type vendors who panic at the thought of
bringing produce home, so they fill bags with lettuce and practically give it
away. I'm trying to sell my lettuce for $2.00 a head, and this guy fills a
Walmart bag to the top with lettuce and charges $1.00.

You can't even buy lettuce that cheap at Walmart! I talked to him about
raising his prices and he said he would, but he didn't.

The plus side: he's out of lettuce now, and we're still growing thanks to
investing in shade cloth last year.

Carla
Perkins, OK

Groupon&#8482 Official Site
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city&#39;s best!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4df677b9580c843c6b8st06duc