market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blister beetles on potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blister beetles on potatoes
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

Marcy,

I am not organic, so I just use liquid sevin. It kills them on the spot.  I mark that area and I don't dig them for a while.  For me they usually start in and attacking an 3-4 foot long area.  If I catch them early enough, there isn't too much damage.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com