market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blister beetles on potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charlie taplin <vthick43 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blister beetles on potatoes
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:37:50 -0400

Pyganic 5.0 is organic and has worked on anything I used it on.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com> wrote:
Blister Beetles are a tricky little bugs.  They can be found in alfalfa.  It has been said that if you find them in your alfalfa, you can go home and fill the spray rig and return to the field and they will be all gone.

Blister Beetles are the only bug that I spray chemical to kill.  They can really strip a potato patch in just a few hours.  If you are quiet around them, you can here them eating and moving.

I don't know about any organic sprays.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas