market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:28:46 -0800

Im guessing you have a Ford 8n or NAA which were 30hp. Tillers are sold by
gearbox hp ratings. A lot depends on the condition of the tractor motor if
its newly rebuilt or tired and worn down. Get a tiller in the 20hp range.
Tillers are best used as secondary tools to prepair soil or beds after
primary tillage with moldboard plow... Bob.