market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:31:00 -0600

Juli,
I have a JD55 tiller on behind my Ferd 8N and it works, marginally. The tractor will not go slow enough without a transmission conversion. It will break the land pretty well but coarsely. If you go at it several times, overlapping, you can get a passable seed bed.

Mike

Juli Hamilton wrote:
Thanks for the info, hope it's not an impossibility tho, since that's what I
have now and need to make it work.
On TractorData.com it shows the Jubilee as having 1358 rpm. Only gave max
mph so, not sure there.