market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillers for Ford tractor?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:24:39 EST

Most tillers are designed for a 540 pto speed, and most tractors have a 540 or 1000 pto shaft on the as a direct from the factory.  The older style 8n fords had this type of pto shaft.  We had to have this for our feed grinders years ago then we updated to 1000 rpm pto shaft the give the grinder more power.  Some of the newer tractors today you have to order a pto shaft, because they come as an option.

Phil from Iowa