market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 22:17:39 -0500

Don't forget, too, that animal products (meat, milk, and eggs) from
livestock raised on pasture also have significant levels of omega-3s, and a
very favourable omega-3 to omega-6 ratio. Check out www.eatwild.com for more
information. If we raised animals the way they have evolved to be fed,
they'd be healthier, we'd be healthier, and the plant would be healthier (on
account of the carbon sequestered on perennial forages vs. annual row
crops).
Sorry, but in my personal opinion, the last thing the world needs right now
is Monsanto creating another problem in a misguided attempt to create a
solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist. (Though I'll probably
still order Big Beef tomato seeds this week...)

Go figure,
Rob

Rob Wallbridge
Songberry Organic Farm