market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Earthway light Carrot Seed plate

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Earthway light Carrot Seed plate
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:51:12 -0500

We're looking at reducing labor this year, including thinning less
carrots. What else is this plate useful for?
We need lighter seeding of turnips and high germ lettuce lighter as
well. Does it work for these? Not wanting to pay for pelleted seed
yet, before exploring other options.

Cheapest I can find the 'light carrot' seed plate online is about $12,
including shipping. Thought about the whole set of alternative
plates, but don't see a need for the others. Does the cauliflower
plate have other uses?

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
SW VA

  • Re: [Market-farming] Earthway light Carrot Seed plate, Richard Moyer, 02/06/2011