market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 23:03:28 -0800

Does anyone recall when food companies first came out with partially
hydrogenated oils/fats and how long it took us to realize that they aren't
good for us? Call me paranoid, if you will, but I just don't trust man
messing around with plant and animal genetics the way the "genetic engineers"
do. Time will tell for sure, one way or the other. In the meantime we are
Guinea pigs. Perhaps some of you will say that my message is out of context,
but I believe that we are justified or even obligated to inform our customers
of what is going on behind our backs with respect to our food; the stuff we
put in our mouths, in an attempt to help us and the rest of our species to
survive.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522