market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Chicken feed - growing grains for

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Clifford Farm" <cliffordfarm AT aol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Chicken feed - growing grains for
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:42:30 -0700

we are selling our eggs at 3.00 wholesale / 3.50 on farm / 4.00 farmers market. don't discount your eggs or get in a bidding war with others. it took us a while to build up our customer base. if your going to have eggs left over give out samples- we would split the carton and give them out in 1/2 dozens. but only do this with a conversation with a perspective customer don't just "unload" let people know why the need your eggs. I've broken eggs open right there to show why they should buy my eggs. once you get the loyalty of these customers, they are VERY loyal. We move between 500 -600 dozen a week. we won't go any less even for our resturants, they're paying 15.00 a pound for good cheese and such, they can afford 3.00 for GOOD eggs. But we also make sure they are super fresh and work hard to build a good relationship for them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joan Vibert" <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>