market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:51:59 -0500

On Dec 22, 2010, at 11:58 AM, Richard Stewart wrote:

As to bolting, they do best in the fall I think in the fashion that we grow them where we are not worried about harvesting every single root. I guess we see about 10 to 15% bolt which is acceptable in how we grow. But we grow them all year from Spring till freeze for our salad mixes.

Maybe I should try them in the fall; I've always tried them in the spring, and when the first two plantings bolt right off I've just taken them off the planting list. When do you seed them for fall production?

For various reasons I haven't been doing that sort of salad mix, and am not likely to this year.