market-farming - [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:36:23 -0500

In regards to radishes.  Shade cloth and water.  We are just outside of Cincinnati and have very hot summers.  We grow radishes from spring until December both as micro greens and as a mature root crop.  Shade cloth will help germinate in the peak of summer heat and irrigation will keep the from getting woody and hot.  You only need to use the shade cloth to get them to germinate.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855