market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Radishes out of season was Re: Meeting with Chefs
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:31:50 -0500

On Dec 22, 2010, at 11:19 AM, Richard Stewart wrote:

Lastly is the White Icicle which we plant the most of.

Where on earth are you getting White Icicle that will do anything but bolt? I've tried this multiple times from different sources (of course they may all be the same producer even if ordered different places) and they always bolt before producing any significant radish even in weather that's producing lovely radishes on other varieties.