market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Taking Credit Cards at Farmers Markets: iPod Touc h/iPhone/iPad

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Taking Credit Cards at Farmers Markets: iPod Touc h/iPhone/iPad
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:22:55 GMT

Richard,
A friend and fellow vendor at market uses one with her iphone. She calculated
her costs at about a $1.00/transaction. It doesn't work very well. Every time
she tries to scan a card it says "scanned card too fast, or too slow" so, she
enters the number manually. A little more time consuming, but it does work.
The customer receives an email verifying the transaction. I think the real
expense has come with having to have the more expensive phone plan with
internet access.
We were excited to see this at market and were ready to get one ourselves,
but after seeing the problems she's had I think we will wait.
This may be an isolated incident, and others may have had better luck.
The plus side was that when a customer realized our friend could take credit
cards or debit cards they bought more bread from her.
Carla
Perkins, OK

How to Fall Asleep?
Cambridge Researchers have developed an all natural sleep aid just for you.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d04db0260c196bb5f6st02duc