market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Variety observations - squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Variety observations - squash
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:22:18 GMT

We also grow the white patty-pan and we get our seed from Rupp. It is always
the last to succumb to powdery mildew. I don't think it has any supposed
resistance to pm, but it will keep cranking out squash when everything else
has died.
Am I seeing a trend here? It seems as if the older varieties of squash that
everyone has mentioned seems to have more resistance to disease than the
newer hybrids?

Carla
Perkins, OK, It's raining and has cooled off. Now we will be in the 90's
instead of day after day of 100+ temps.

3 Free Credit Scores
Access Your Free 3 Credit Scores from all 3 Credit Bureaus Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c6a9b974ed7d716d69st04duc