market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kioti tractors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kioti tractors
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:52:44 -0500

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:10:45AM -0500, Mike Brabo wrote:
> Allan,
> You get what you pay for...
> Cheap imports often don't have the service and parts availability when
> critical things break during critical times.
> I had an import PTO tiller break a main shaft this Spring during a critical
> time for bed prep. Took 3 weeks to get a replacement shaft. Our crops
> getting in late is still hurting us this season.

I don't believe you have other options on either tractors or
implements; I think essentially everything is imported except maybe for
big tractors. Our local Kioti dealer is a highly reputable guy with a
lifetime of John Deere repair experience:
http://www.paigetractors.com/

I have a 1970s vintage Mitsubishi R2500 "grey market" tractor that has
given me extraordinary service though parts are now very hard to find.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 126 days 2 hours 43 minutes