market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fava bean prices, unshelled and shelled?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fava bean prices, unshelled and shelled?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:01:28 GMT

I would be charging premium prices for fava beans! I have tried to grow them
and can't. They burn up in our heat. If you have something at market that no
one else has??? My gosh. You are lucky!
We can't even buy fresh fava beans in any of our grocery stores. Heck, you
can't even find them frozen or canned around here. It might be different in
your area though.
We sell our sugar snap peas for 3 dollars a pint, which is about half a
pound. We sell our green beans for 3 dollars a quart which is about a pound.
If I could grow favas I would sell them by the half pound or pint and charge
3 dollars.
I would love to know how you grew them. When did you seed, what variety, any
info you would be willing to share.
Carla
Perkins, OK who loves fava beans

Refinance Now 4.0% FIXED!
$160,000 Mortgage for $633/mo. Free. No Obligation. Get 4 Quotes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c1c3354872c5b2b4cst03duc