market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Row cover for shade cloth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Row cover for shade cloth
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:01:56 -0400

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com> wrote:
While some people may laugh, I thought I would share that using row cover between the ribs and the plastic does help keep the temperature cooler inside hoop buildings.  I don't have any hard numbers due to bad timing of a broken thermometer.  It has been in the mid 90's and I am working in the buildings in the middle of the afternoon.  Usually a bad idea.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com