market-farming - [Market-farming] Weed Zap

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Weed Zap
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:02:59 -0500

A few weeks back on a discussion about organic weed killers, I mentioned that
we had used Weed Zap will good results. Granted, it's not economically
viable for very large areas. Here is the link for the gallon size from
Peaceful Valley Organic Supply, which is where we bought.
<http://groworganic.com/item_pwc235_Weed_Zaptrade_gallon.html> . (A side
note, they do have a farmer's pricing program, so if you end up applying for
and getting approved for that -- it took us no time at all to get approved
once we sent in the paperwork -- the farmer pricing is a bit better than the
price shown in the link.)

The follow up comment I wanted to make is that when we received our shipment
from PVFS, it was a gallon plastic jug inside a plastic bag inside a
cardboard box. There was nothing on the box to indicate to keep it upright,
and there was nothing in the box, which was considerably large than the
plastic jug, to keep the jug upright. The plastic bag was leaky, and by the
time we received the product, about half of it had spilled out and was
coating the cardboard box and anything it with which it came in contact.
Even though the jug had a seal over the top under the lid, this was leaky as
well. We contacted PVFS and they made it right immediately, but just wanted
to warn you, if you order this product from them, remind them that it needs
to be placed inside something that will not leak or in a box that is marked
in such a way that indicates the contents must be kept upright or else you'll
have a big mess on your hands and not all of the product you paid for. What
REALLY should happen is the manufacturer needs a leak-proof container for it.
Just an FYI.

Laurie
Barking Cat Farm