market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler AT lrec.org>
  • To: castens AT nepower.coop, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:19:52 -0500

On 6/1/10 10:49 AM, Errol Castens wrote:
Anybody tried flame weeding on asparagus after ferning? I'd love to
singe my bermudagrass, but I don't know whether the asparagus would be
harmed/killed.
I haven't, but my experience flame weeding bermuda grass is that it doesn't mind being flamed much at all. I flame weeded a patch that had mixed grasses that included bermuda and the flame weeder killed everything *except* the bermuda....which then came back thick and lush.

--Leslie / Oklahoma