market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Poison Ivy!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barbara Link <agrariafarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Poison Ivy!
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:17:35 -0400

Well as another highly allergic poison ivy sufferer - I've tried everything - glyphosate included. Hated to do it - but I was nearly hospitalized as it got down my sinus passages! I found vinegar didn't really keep it gone - tried doing it in August when it's expanding. And hand pulling meant begging a co-worker to do it - that wasn't always well received.

The most effective and safe way is to get a browser in there - before it gets too woody. I'm working an arrangement to use friend's lamas - they do a great job and eat it all!

Barbara
Agraria Farm, Massachusetts