market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Canopy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Canopy
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

> I need to buy a canopy for the market. E-Z Up is what most vendors
> around here have.....mostly because it's accessible locally, I think.
> But they get *really* bad reviews on Amazon.com

I've had good luck with the First Up also. It got a bit funky after 4
years of intensive use and I just replaced it with a commercial grade
Quick Shade that I found on the Walmart website for $138 with shipping.
I've only set it up twice but it seems very sturdy and easy to set up with
2 people.
Warning.....if you have winds at all at your market make sure whatever
canopy you get has some sort of vent. We've seen several at our market
without that turn into parasails in the wind no matter how many strong men
are holding them down..... Sora at Paradise Valley Organics N. Id. where
we've had 26 degrees for 6 nights now....sigh