market-farming - [Market-farming] Thrips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shanti Rade <shanti AT whipstone.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Thrips
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:15:10 -0700

Anyone on this list have experience dealing with thrips? Over the last few years we have had increasingly bad thrips.  We get them on the onions, gladiolus, and peas mostly.  They seems to hurt the peas the most.  We have sprayed with pyrethrin and also tried thrip predators.  Haven't had much luck in controlling them, however.  Anyone have any good organic solutions?

Thanks,
Shanti Rade
Whipstone Farm
Paulden, AZ