market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Thrips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Thrips
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 15:11:10 -0500

Greetings,
I had them in my cucumbers last year, or so the county agent said. No suggestions were given on how to deal with them, so I would like to know as well.
Bright Blessings,
Garth & Kim Travis
www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
Bedias, Texas

Shanti Rade wrote:

Anyone on this list have experience dealing with thrips? Over the last few years we have had increasingly bad thrips. We get them on the onions, gladiolus, and peas mostly. They seems to hurt the peas the most. We have sprayed with pyrethrin and also tried thrip predators. Haven't had much luck in controlling them, however. Anyone have any good organic solutions?

Thanks,
Shanti Rade
Whipstone Farm
Paulden, AZ www.whipstone.com <http://www.whipstone.com>