market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: grizzdover AT gmail.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:52:55 -0500

I have used water sprayed from a gallon-size pump sprayer to remove
spider mites from Basil in a greenhouse setting. As an experiment one
year, I only sprayed half the Basil bed and noticed a significant
difference in spider mite infestations between the two.

Not sure how it would work with CPB. I agree that I think they would
just climb back up the plant. We also use Monterey Garden Spray with
very satisfactory results. The active ingredient is Spinosad (I think
they originally found it in an abandon Rum Distillery). Like what was
already mentioned, it is not pest specific so that is something to
consider.

Ben
Turtle Farm
Granger, Iowa